Results are in and the new year is in full swing
The results are all (just about) in now from how our students performed in their GCSEs, AS and A-Levels. We’re delighted that almost all our students got the grades they were after, many have got off to university and we’re really happy to have helped out.
- Overall, 83% of our A-Level (AS/A2) students achieved A-C
- Over a third of our A-Level (AS/A2) students got an A
- 82% of our GCSE students achieved an A*-C, which is almost double the national average (though that statistic in itself is dispiriting!)
- 27% of our GCSE students got an A or A*
- We also had a couple of degree level students who both passed their modules/resits with 2:1 grades.
I’d like to highlight a few of the A-Level students who we were particularly impressed with:
- Emma, who after her results this summer needs only 46% in her remaining module to get an A in her Maths - with a year left to get it!
- Ryan, who originally got an E in Maths got a B in his A2 this summer and was frustratingly close to an A. He has worked really hard and deserves this great result.
- Sam is another hard worker who has performed his socks off, achieving an A and doing his full A-Level in just one year.
- Sofia was a joy to teach in English Lit A2 and it was no surprise that she got the A she was after.
- And Melanie, who was really struggling with her change in school and not enjoying Maths, did really well to get a B in her AS.
Over the summer, we’ve had a recruitment session and I’m really pleased to welcome Joe Boadi and Bhupendra Khandelwal to teach Physics; Howard Vaughan to bolster our Maths Team and Sarah Wallace, Lauren Sweeting and Aidan (Wookie) English to bring German, Spanish and Japanese teaching to join Anne (teaching French) in our languages team.
This means that we now offer:
- History/Geography/Social Sciences
So, please do think of us for your needs, and let your friends know too.
On a personal note, many thanks to everyone who has sent well-wishes to Gayle (my wife) and I and been so supportive whilst she has been in hospital. I’m very glad to say that she came home ten days ago. It will be a long slow recovery process, but we are definitely moving in the right direction.